That was 2020
How well do you don’t forget the calendar year? These will examination your memory
one. What car was crowned Vehicle Categorical Auto of the Calendar year 2020?
2. In August, BMW introduced that it was incorporating what new model to its legendary M3 range?
- a. A Touring version
- b. An all-electric version
- c. A 7-seat MPV version
three. In September, Renault unveiled a new coupé-SUV that will hit the British isles following calendar year. What will it be named?
- a. Mégane Grande
- b. Marseille
- c. Arkana
4. In the initial episode of the new sequence of the Excellent British Bake Off, what form of auto did contestant Linda endeavor to make from cake?
- a. Ambulance
- b. JCB excavator
- c. Globe Rally Auto
5. Rolls-Royce disclosed facts of its limited-version Dawn Silver Bullet in August. How a lot of will be built?
6. What automotive newcomer named time on its electric car undertaking in June?
- a. Ineos
- b. Dyson
- c. Virgin
7. What vintage American SUV been given a placing reboot in July?
- a. Cadillac Escalade
- b. Ford Bronco
- c. GMC Syclone
8. In June, automotive publisher Haynes disclosed that sales of 1 particular workshop guide experienced increased by one,600 for every cent during 2020. What subject did it address?
- a. Chicken preserving
- b. How to make a nuclear bunker
- c. Ford Fiesta Mk2
9. In Could, Tobias Moers took over as CEO of what automotive brand name?
- a. Aston Martin
- b. BMW
- c. Skoda
10. In April, Volvo introduced that it would restrict the prime velocity of its new models to what determine?
- a. 180mph
- b. 112mph
- c. 72mph
Exam your motorsport know-how with these past and existing mind teasers
eleven. Formula 1 celebrated which milestone in 2020?
- a. The 2,000th Components 1 race
- b. The seventieth anniversary of the initial Globe Championship race
- c. The one hundredth time a silver car has gained the initial 5 races of a season
12. Why is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway identified as the ‘Brickyard’?
- a. The initial Indy five hundred race was gained by Gleeson Bartenburger II, operator of a nearby brick factory
- b. It was paved with bricks in 1909
- c. Early IndyCars ended up identified as ‘bricks’
13. In 2021, which previous Components 1 entire world winner will return to drive for the Alpine F1 group?
- a. Fernando Alonso
- b. Jenson Button
- c. Jacques Villeneuve
fourteen. The 2020 Components E Championship concluded with 6 rounds at which venue?
- a. London Docklands, British isles
- b. Monza, Italy
- c. Tempelhof Airport, Germany
15. Which manufacturer gained the 2020 Le Mans 24 Hrs?
- a. Audi
- b. Toyota
- c. Porsche
16. What will the Racing Place Components 1 group be rebranded as in 2021?
- a. Aston Martin Racing
- b. Drive Canada Racing
- c. Red Bull Juniors
seventeen. What function appeared on the Globe Rally Championship calendar for the initial time in 2020?
- a. Rally Kazakhstan
- b. Rally Estonia
- c. Rally Slovakia
eighteen. How a lot of occasions has Sebastian Vettel gained the Components 1 Globe Driver’s Championship?
- a. 2 times
- b. Four occasions
- c. Six occasions
19. Which MotoGP star broke his arm at the initial race of the 2020 season in Spain?
- a. Marc Marquez
- b. Valentino Rossi
- c. Andrea Dovizioso
20. The Ford RS200, MG Metro 6R4 and Lancia Delta S4 competed in which rally classification of the eighties?
- a. Team A
- b. Team B
- c. Team C
How well do you know your automotive movie and tv stars?
21. What car did David Hasselhoff’s character, Michael Knight, drive in the eighties Tv sequence Knight Rider?
- a. Mercedes SL
- b. Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- c. Ferrari Testarossa
22. In the 1984 film Ghostbusters, what was the Cadillac Miller-Meteor superior identified as?
- a. The Buster
- b. Ecto-one
- c. Spenglerwagon
23. In sequence 10 of Suppress Your Enthusiasm, what car does direct character Larry David drive?
24. What car is found deserted by the survivors in US Tv sequence Lost?
- a. Lamborghini Countach
- b. Volkswagen Sort 2 bus
- c. DMC DeLorean
25. Tommy Cannon and the late Bobby Ball acquired matching cars at the height of their fame. What did they pick?
- a. Gold Rolls-Royce Silver Shadows
- b. Bronze Proton Jumbucks
- c. Silver Lexus LS 400s
26. John Carpenter’s 1983 movie version of the Stephen King reserve Christine showcased a possessed what?
- a. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
- b. 1958 Plymouth Fury
- c. 1972 Ferrari Daytona
27. Which of these cars is in the following Bond film No Time to Die?
28. In the BBC Tv clearly show Detectorists, what car does Toby Jones’s character Lance drive?
29. The Citroen Xsara Picasso is the selected car of which character in British isles Tv comedy Gavin and Stacey?
- a. Mick Shipman
- b. Uncle Bryn
- c. Dave Coaches
30. Actors Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor starred in a new journey documentary in 2020, but what motorbikes did they journey as a result of South America?
- a. BMW R1200 GS Adventures
- b. Harley-Davidson Livewires
- c. Triumph Scramblers
Lacking words and phrases
Can you determine the lacking words and phrases from these rates?
31. “A _______ is a horse created by committee” – Sir Alec Issigonis
- a. zebra
- b. camel
- c. bike
32. “Chop your own __________ and it will warm you twice” – Henry Ford
- a. arm off
- b. wood
- c. onions
33. “______________ are for men and women who just can’t make engines” – Enzo Ferrari
- a. Gearboxes
- b. Turbochargers
- c. Aerodynamics
34. “Money could not get happiness, but I’d rather cry in a ___________ than on a bus” – Françoise Sagan
- a. Jaguar
- b. Citroen DS
- c. Renault 4
35. “Quality is remembered extended following the _________ is forgotten” – Sir Henry Royce
- a. wait around
- b. rate
- c. argument
36. “I imagine the situations in those people cars are fully _____________” – Murray Walker
- a. unimaginable
- b. conditional
- c. full
37. “Being an entrepreneur is like taking in _________ and staring into the abyss of death” – Elon Musk
- a. a rooster balti
- b. a coyote
- c. glass
38. “Success is 99 for every cent ________” – Soichiro Honda
- a. investment
- b. failure
- c. bluffable
39. “With that kind of dexterity, I reckon Alonso could get a work driving a ________ round the M25” – Martin Brundle
- a. Transit
- b. minicab
- c. hearse
40. “Designers think every little thing finished by anyone else is awful, and that they could do it superior themselves, which describes why I created my own _____________” – Chris Bangle
- a. bicycle
- b. living area carpet
- c. toaster
The question is the respond to
Only 1 of the statements is accurate – can you guess which 1?
forty one. The Trabant…
- a. Was initially built in the Volkswagen ID.three factory in Zwickau
- b. Gained the Estonian Auto of the Calendar year title in 1980 and 1982
- c. Was the silver-medal prize at the 1980 Moscow Olympics
forty two. A Skoda Octavia vRS 2. TSI…
- a. Was the millionth Skoda built at Kvasiny in 2020
- b. Broke the Land Velocity File for a supercharged generation car in 2011
- c. Was initial prize on the very last broadcast episode of Bullseye
43. 1972 was…
- a. The calendar year Components 1 entire world winner Lewis Hamilton was born
- b. The calendar year in which BMW built its initial electric car
- c. The calendar year a switch to driving on the correct was proposed by Parliament
forty four. Emu feathers…
- a. Are applied to brush Jaguars in advance of they are painted to make positive they do not entice dust
- b. Were applied by TVR to established panel gaps on the Griffith
- c. Were an possibility provided on the nineteen sixties Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
45. Irish Eco-friendly…
- a. Was the code name applied by DMC for the DeLorean
- b. Was the colour of the 1 millionth 911 to roll off the generation line
- c. Was the nickname offered to Eddie Irvine by mechanics when he drove for Ferrari
46. £471 is the…
- a. Typical charge of yearly car insurance policy in the British isles in 2019
- b. Value of a new Mini when it was launched in 1959
- c. Official rate of a new established of tyre dust caps for a Lamborghini Huracán
47. Watford Hole was…
- a. The filming location of the very last scene of The Cannonball Run
- b. The web page of the initial Tesla Supercharger in the British isles
- c. The initial motorway expert services opened in the British isles in 1959
48. A fridge…
- a. Was initially scripted to be the time-travelling product in the film Back again to the Foreseeable future in advance of producers opted for a DeLorean
- b. Brought about the 2018 Detroit Motor Show to be cancelled when 1 caught fireplace and burned down the exhibition corridor
- c. Was applied by Vauxhall to replicate the weight of rear seat passengers during endurance tests
49. Soya beans ended up…
- a. Made use of by Lada as seat filling during the terrific foam lack of 1963
- b. An component applied by Henry Ford to make a prototype car human body in 1941
- c. Generally soaked in chlorobenzine to give a new car smell by dealers
- a. Was the genuine selection of Sierra Cosworth RS500s built by Ford (Tickford built the remaining 499)
- b. Was the original name for the car that grew to become the Ford Ka
- c. Was the selection of Components 1 Globe Championship titles gained by Sir Stirling Moss
Cryptic car names
Can you do the job out the car manufacturer names from these cryptic descriptions?
51. First on the grid shines in the evening sky (8)
52. River crossing the street (4)
53. Tiny (4)
54. Grab 1 when you want to get the weight off your ft (4)
55. Eco-friendly and pleasurable for Roy’s fictional soccer group (4,5)
56. April’s month-to-month successor satisfies Johann Sebastian’s very last (7)
57. Clever (5)
fifty eight. Abbreviated professional with one,016kg (6)
59. Coventry’s colossal cat (6)
sixty. Coil’s well that finishes well for Nikola (5)
Go again in time to locate the solutions to these motoring puzzlers
sixty one. Who started Italian car manufacturer Alfa Romeo in 1910?
- a. Nicola Romeo
- b. Alessandro Alfa
- c. Marika Romano
62. What car did Ford make as the substitute for the Design T?
- a. Design V
- b. Design A
- c. Design Y
sixty three. In what calendar year did British Leyland launch the Austin Maestro hatchback?
sixty four. Dante Giacosa is credited with the style of which Italian car, which is now viewed as a vintage?
- a. Alfa Romeo Spider
- b. Lamborghini Countach
- c. Fiat Nuova five hundred
sixty five. Alexander Wilson started which British car firm in 1857?
- a. Bentley
- b. Vauxhall
- c. Bristol
66. In what calendar year was Spanish car maker SEAT formed?
sixty seven. Comotor was an sick-fated nineteen sixties joint enterprise concerning which two car makes to make engines?
- a. BMW and Alfa Romeo
- b. Citroen and NSU
- c. Lada and Skoda
68. Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher established up which famous tuning dwelling in Burgstall, Germany, in 1967?
69. The T360 was the initial four-wheeled solution built by which international car brand name?
- a. Honda
- b. Suzuki
- c. Triumph
70. In what calendar year did Nissan launch the initial-technology Leaf?
Can you name the fourth element to entire the chain?
seventy one. Heston–Reading–Chieveley–? (Clue: Rest likely west)
- a. Keele
- b. Membury
- c. Leicester Forest East
seventy two. W213–W212–W211–W210–? (Clue: E-asy does it, Karl)
73. Greening–McLoughlin–Grayling–? (Clue: What a state we’re in)
- a. Johnson
- b. Hancock
- c. Shapps
seventy four. Sainte Dévote–Beau Rivage–Massenet–? (Clue: The quarter monte)
- a. Anthony Noghes
- b. On line casino
- c. Mirabeau
75. S–X–3–? (Clue: Elon’s timecode)
- a. Y
- b. Cybertruck
- c. Roadster 2
76. Grey–Black–White–? (Clue: Shady decisions for 2019 Brits)
77. F430–458–488–? (Clue: Italian exotic as a result of the many years)
seventy eight. Lewis–Sebastian–Lewis–? (Clue: Residence winners)
79. Red–red and amber–green–? (Clue: Have you received a superior sign?)
- a. Eco-friendly and amber
- b. Amber
- c. Red and amber
eighty. Oxford–Marina–Ital–? (Clue: Brits in the spouse and children way)
Can you determine the generation car from its advancement code name?
eighty one. Bobcat
- a. Jaguar F-Sort
- b. Ford Fiesta Mk1
- c. Panther Kallista
eighty two. ADO15 ‘Orange Box’
- a. Morris Mini-Small
- b. Fiat Uno
- c. Austin Maxi
83. Challenge Jay
- a. Bentley Azure
- b. MGF
- c. Rover two hundred Coupé
eighty five. Eagle
- a. Jaguar E-Sort
- b. Lotus Evora
- c. Caterham 21
- a. Aston Martin Valkyrie
- b. McLaren P1
- c. Land Rover Freelander
- a. Austin Westminster
- b. Ford Cortina Mk1
- c. Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
Location the element
Can you determine all these new cars from their photos?
Finished? Now simply click in this article for the solutions…
Check out out the rest of our 2020 round-up below…