St. Petersburg (February 25, 2022) – INDYCAR and Motorsport Community nowadays declared the important conclusions of the 2022 International INDYCAR Enthusiast Survey. Introduced in January, the World INDYCAR Supporter Survey was commissioned by INDYCAR, hosted by Motorsport Network, and analyzed by Nielsen Athletics, the world-wide info, info, and measurement specialists. Performed in 11 languages across the Motorsport.com platform and obtaining opinions from above 53,000 supporters in 147 nations, the survey uncovered that INDYCAR has preserved a loyal and approving fanbase while rising its ranks amid young and extra varied demographics in modern several years.
Unsurprisingly, while the U.S. comprised 56% of the survey responses, the major 5 international locations also provided France, the U.K., Japan, and Canada, suggesting development in interest internationally for the NTT INDYCAR Series. This advancement displays an expanding and extra assorted audience, highlighted by 37% of respondents under 35 years of age and 12.2% of respondents figuring out as feminine. This is the 2nd-highest female participation price for a survey fielded by Motorsport Network of a international racing series.
“INDYCAR is increasing – at a historic and swift speed,” mentioned Mark Miles, President, and CEO of Penske Entertainment Company. “Our item is seen as aggressive and exciting, and just as we have captivated new and proficient motorists to our field, we have also viewed admirable achievements in attracting new devotees to our ranks. As we embark on a consequential and marquee yr for INDYCAR, we’re greatly inspired by the image the Global INDYCAR Admirer Survey delivers and remain assured that the future is shiny for the NTT INDYCAR Series and its stars.”
All round admirer approval of the racing merchandise is really high. INDYCAR’s leading 5 characteristics, as reflected by the study, are: “competitive,” “exciting,” “entertaining,” “growing” and “dangerous,” with above 80% of the respondents viewing INDYCAR as “competitive.”
Results from the Motorsport Community INDYCAR Worldwide Fan Study suggest supporters want to view races dwell, predominantly on Tv. Most INDYCAR buyers are now observing races by means of a combination of cable and streaming platforms, with the latter now surpassing absolutely free-to-air viewing. Paywalls continue being a problem of some lovers in unique markets, probably lowering accessibility to live races. Social media has become the foremost platform for non-race weekend articles for all lovers and the key resource of all INDYCAR written content for those people among the beneath-35 set.
Based on study respondents, esports are more and more pertinent to INDYCAR fans, with practically 50 % partaking in gaming weekly. This selection rises to 85% among the 16-24-year-olds and 70% between 25-34-yr-olds, suggesting a sturdy audience for the future release of an INDYCAR-centric movie video game title.
“It has been fascinating to get the job done on this largest-ever Worldwide INDYCAR Lover survey and the inescapable conclusion is that lovers believe that INDYCAR is a collection on its way up,” explained James Allen, President of Motorsport Network. “INDYCAR is the pre-eminent solitary-seater racing championship in North The usa, but it has lengthy had a pursuing in other continents because of to distinguished global motorists racing there. These days, the worldwide make-up of the grid is mirrored in the survey results, with a sturdy geographical distribute outside the house of North America. When the collection has its faithful followers in the older age teams, notably in the U.S., INDYCAR will be finding out closely the knowledge on its new, more youthful, and female fans internationally. Many thanks to the world wide web and social media providing simple accessibility to rich information, anybody everywhere can turn into an INDYCAR admirer now. And gaming and esports are clearly going to play a major role in the long run. It will be fascinating to see how the tendencies develop over the up coming number of many years.”
In spite of the COVID pandemic, there is continue to a strong motivation to show up at races are living. Around 80% of respondents expressed the desire to attend a race reside, though almost 50% of respondents indicated that they have attended a race are living in the previous 5 several years. One of the most important variables cited as preventing are living race attendance is the lack of ability to show up at a area race for lovers, in particular exterior North The us.
From an ecological standpoint, young followers spot increased worth on environmentally friendly initiatives in motorsport, and whilst most ended up glad with what INDYCAR is performing to be greener, around 20% of female lovers feel INDYCAR should be doing more on the sustainability entrance.
“Off the again of the achievements of the Method 1 enthusiast study, it has been a satisfaction to be associated in an additional world motorsport study with Motorsport Community. Our partnership not only provides interesting perception on various motorsport disciplines but also actionable fan viewpoints that can enable a series mature and evolve in a way that appeals to supporters old and new. I appear forward to functioning our upcoming study with Motorsport Community to unearth much more insightful viewpoints from our vast global motorsport lover foundation,” said Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Motorsport, Nielsen Sports.
The study results ended up unveiled at the opening round of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Collection year right now and bundled the size and demographics of the sport’s audience, admirer disposition and attitudes in direction of the activity, their affinity for INDYCAR races, groups, drivers, and their use of racing as remote and are living audiences.
Extra critical findings from the 2022 INDYCAR International Fan Study incorporate:
Venues and Level of competition
- The prime 5 most important races for enthusiasts are the Indianapolis 500, Long Seaside, Highway The united states, Laguna Seca, and St. Petersburg.
- INDYCAR enthusiasts are content with the mix of tracks (street, highway & oval) and imagine they give the ideal check of a driver’s expertise, and they also sense the activity is healthier now than 3 a long time in the past, featuring the proper stability of sport and leisure.
- For the potential followers want INDYCAR to:
- Element multiple suppliers in important class regions
- Manage the Indy 500 as a double factors occasion
- Lessen stewarding interference and permit drivers race
- Handle workforce operating expenses and prioritize close racing above specialized innovation
- Supporters are strongly from altering race formats and present little hunger for qualifying modifications.
Best Teams, Motorists, and Races
- Approximately 80% of fans support a variety of Groups and Motorists.
- More youthful followers aged under 24 are much more likely to stick to a single driver.
- Enthusiasts in South and Central The usa and Asia-Pacific are more than twice as most likely to stick to a beloved driver.
- Staff Penske was voted as the general most loved workforce with 19% of votes, followed by Andretti Autosport and Arrow McLaren SP, who were being tied at second, each and every with 17% of votes, to round out the leading 3 teams.
- Romain Grosjean was voted the survey’s most common INDYCAR driver with 32% of followers inserting him in their Major 3 and practically 12% of enthusiasts position him their favored driver. Pato O’Ward was next with a particularly significant youthful fan voting and voted selection 1 by female enthusiasts. The 3rd was Helio Castroneves, followed by Scott Dixon. Alexander Rossi was the top-ranked U.S. driver who was voted fifth total.
- The best 5 most attended races are the Indianapolis 500 (58.8%), Indianapolis Street Study course (31.3%), Mid Ohio (19.%), Street The usa (16.8%), and St. Petersburg (15.%)
For the full study, you can obtain the PDF https://international-indycar-supporter-survey-2022.motorsport.com.