As practice shows, many car enthusiasts are guided by desires and feelings when choosing the next vehicle and don’t put car reliability at the forefront. Some people make the choice simply from the budget available, while others look at the vehicles their neighbors and friends have. But reliability is the key parameter that can save the car owner money, time, and nerves.
Fortunately, there are plenty of reliable brands and models in the used car market. The Indy Auto Man experts explain which vehicles are better to buy based on their durability and service life.
What Used Car Can Be Considered a Reliable One?
Reliable cars must meet the following criteria:
- low failure rate;
- long service life;
- affordable service and maintenance (there should be no problems with repair or replacement of parts and components);
- good supplies of consumables.
Used Premium Cars: BMW vs. Audi
There are two eternal leaders among mass premium cars: BMW and Audi. Drivers can not decide which of these brands is better. Each has thousands of fans, but there is still no consensus. These automotive brands produce cars for different purposes, and the auditory of fans is really wide. Read a detailed BMW vs. Audi comparison at indyautoman.com.
What is associated with BMW? First, excellent handling and dynamics. The manufacturer himself focuses on this. In addition, Bavarian cars are distinguished by their sporty character. If we talk about Audi, the first association is the famous Quattro all-wheel drive. These cars are known for their high level of comfort and reliability.
According to ADAC, BMW and Audi are among the winners of the reliability rating. High places in this list were occupied by BMW 3 and 5 series, X3 and X5 crossovers, from Audi vehicles – A3 and A6.
Among 2-3-year-old cars, the minimum breakdowns occur in the Audi Q3, Q5, A1, A3-A7, BMW X1-X6 1-5 series. To the question of which is more reliable – Audi or BMW, there is only one answer: the model of any of the brands in question will not let you down.
Most Reliable American Cars
American cars are famous for their reliability and durability. Due to the high-quality requirements and fierce competition, manufacturers have to use only the best alloys, leather, plastics, and other materials. Only qualified personnel are involved in the work, and the assembly takes place in fully automated factories. Errors are minimized, which also positively affects the overall reliability of vehicles.
The top 5 most reliable American autos are as follows:
- Ford Focus is one of the bestsellers in the golf class category. The car has a broad audience of buyers and is distinguished by comfort and reliability.
- Chevrolet Traverse is a seven- or eight-seater full-size crossover. Among all local all-wheel drive cars it is considered one of the most reliable and durable models.
- Dodge Challenger is the iconic American muscle car well-known for its durability and outstanding performance.
Are Japanese Cars Inferior in Reliability?
The reliability of European and American brands is undeniable, but at the same time, Japanese automakers still manage to maintain high positions in reliability ratings.
Lexus, Toyota, and Honda occupy their deserved places among the most reliable car manufacturers.
- Toyota Highlander is an excellent SUV – comfortable, spacious, and quiet. And the best of the line are models with a V6 engine.
- Honda CR-V is a comfortable all-wheel drive crossover that handles almost like a sedan. The CR-V can go up to 200,000 miles, like most Honda models.
- The Lexus RX is less hassle for owners than other mid-size premium crossovers. The reliability of the RX has been confirmed by the J.D. Power and Consumer Report’s ratings.
How to Choose the Most Reliable Used Car
When trying to choose among the most reliable models of the world’s auto industry, which have traveled many miles on the US roads, the ratings and reviews are not the only information to consider. It is always worth contacting a reliable dealership and carefully checking a particular car. This will help avoid unpleasant surprises and enjoy a comfortable ride for a long time.